Thursday, June 16, 2011

Little Victories

If I started Paleo/CrossFit just to enjoy the big victories, like finally hitting my goal weight or being able to push press 80% of my body weight or having all of my health problems disappear due to a new eating lifestyle, then I would never have a chance to celebrate (And lets be honest, I look for any chance to celebrate anything!  Hello, celebration drink!), and it would be so much harder to make it to the big victories (see above) if I didn't celebrate the little ones that pop up inbetween.

My current "little victories": 
-fitting into my shorts from last summer that a month ago I couldn't squeeze my thighs into, let alone the rest of my body
-being able to button up my dress pants that haven't fit me for over a year
-having more muscle control when I come down from a pull-up
-being able to run laps at the gym on the track without getting so winded I can't even make it all the way around one loop (yes, I was that out of shape...don't judge me...)
-successfully making it through 2 nights of CrossFit without giving up or throwing up

So grab your celebration drink (mine is water with a lime wedge) and toast to your own little victories!  Celebrate them, enjoy them, and remember that without the little victories there would be no big victories!

xoxo, M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...