Monday, August 15, 2011

My Arms and the Army

Yesterday was the first real day back in the gym in a long time. Yes, we did go to the gym on August 1, but that was 2 weeks ago!  Ugh, I feel gross.  I hate going that long without hitting the gym.  I ran a couple laps on the track, and that seriously made my chest burn---key indicators that my body is mad at me because I haven't run lately.  H had me focus on my arms, back, and chest because it's been so long and I still have a dream to be able to do a full, properly formed dip before summer is over.  After lots of lat pulls, tricep pulls, tricep extensions, chest presses, bench presses, shruggs, and dips (with higher weights than normal on all of them, and new forms on the dips), I decided that just wasn't enough so I hopped onto the leg press and instead of starting at 70lbs and working up to 85lbs, I started at 85lbs and worked up to 115lbs.

Needless to say, I woke up barely able to move my upper body and arms.  :)
Gosh I love that feelling!

You know how I know I'm sick and twisted?  I can't wait to go back today!  Our community center gym is closed all week for maintenance, so we get to use the gym at our local University for free---totally okay with us, because they have free weights and barbells, which our community center gym does not.  Round 2 starts today!

In other news, to help H celebrate finally signing his Army contract, I made him an awesome dinner!  Cedar plank salmon, roasted crab legs, and broccoli!  Check out the recipes and try it for yourself--we paired it with Leinenkugel Summer Shandy and it was a perfect celebration dinner!!  Yum!


xoxo, M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...