Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Dirty Thirty...Again!

Last night at the Rec, H and I did the Dirty Thirty again, and I cut my time by like 2 minutes!  The first time we did it my time was 13:20, mainly because I had to take longer breaks in between rounds, especially towards the end.  This time, not only did I rest a little less between rounds, but I upped my weight in both the dumbell squat-clean-presses and the overhead ball toss!  I feel so accomplished!  11:36 was my time last night - go me!  I really really wanted to cheat on the burpees---burpees are legit the bane of my existence.  Not kidding.  I hate them.  I hate them like cats hate water.  Like Popsicles hate a hot day.  Like Ke$ha hates dignity.

Doing them at the Rec always makes me feel silly, because I feel like all the guys are staring at me and judging.  "Ew, who's that girl who is actually doing a real workout and not just jogging on the elliptical?  Gross."  Although, just a side note, I feel like a girl who actually does a legit workout and not just jog for 2 hours should be sexier...just my opinion (I know H would agree--he always tells me that I'm sexier when I'm doing CrossFit than when I'm just running).  But I did them, and while I hated every minute of it, I felt good for doing them. 

Today, I had a million errands to run, especially for the new job so we haven't hit the gym yet--but when we do, it's going to be a kick-butt AMRAP and I"m pretty pumped!  I've been looking forward to it all day.  Tonight, we are making the yummiest Paleo dinner:  bacon burgers with veggies, corn on the cob, and fresh salad.  I don't know what I'm more excited about...the AMRAP or dinner!  :)  I always feel so much better after a quality day of Paleo and CrossFit!

xoxo, M

2 comments:

  1. You're very brave to post your struggles on your weight loss journey on the internet. I can't sleep and I've caught up on your adventures. You look a lot better. How tall are you? I'm 5'6" and 14 lbs makes a HUGE difference. Good luck to you-- hopefully we can keep cheering each other on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading, Caitlin :) It's not always easy (the weight loss or the blogging about it) but I do it mostly because it's cathartic and helpful to keeping me on-track. And thank you for thinking I look better! I still have 28lbs to go before I'm at my goal weight, but I know that if I keep eating well and working out, I'm going to get there. I'm 5'5" :) And I'm really glad we can cheer each other on and support each other!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...