Sunday, June 12, 2011

Week Three: DONE!

My brother is in town visiting on weekend leave from the Army, so H and I dragged him out of bed at 8:30am yesterday to go to the gym with us.  JP took advantage of this in 2 ways:  1) to get some exercise in after all the junk food that he eats when he comes to town, and 2) to show off his awesome fitness powers (note: read that last part with extreme sarcasm--it's okay, he knows I love him!)  Of course, he also helps because he pushes H and I to challenge ourselves at the gym, gives his opinion about what exercises work best, and keeps us in check.

Having him there yesterday was great.  I got to show him how far I'm coming along with my weight loss and strength training, and he gave H and I some great encouragement at what we're doing.  He also showed H some of the stuff to expect with the Army, since that's where H will be heading in less than a year.  I did a lot of arms and back weight lifting, as well as worked on my abs.  I also challenged him to some medicine ball exercises, which he hates, so I feel like I sufficiently did my job challenging him!

Today marks the end of my third week on Paleo and really focusing on weight/strength training, and I'm pretty pleased!  Down almost 10 lbs (wavering between 8 lbs and 9 lbs) and I literally screamed and did a happy dance when I measured myself today--down 3 1/2 inches around my waist!  Soooo happy!

Also, H and I go to our first On-Ramp CrossFit class tomorrow evening!  I'm so excited, and I can't wait to see what adding CrossFit to our routine does for us.  Lots of updates to come, so stay tuned!

xoxo, M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...