Monday, June 13, 2011

Crossfit Day 1

H and I had our first CrossFit beginners class tonight (called an On-Ramp class) at CrossFit Findaly - Rugged Fitness and it was seriously intense.  It was just the 2 of us and the trainer, Scott, who definitely kicked our butts.  He explained what CrossFit is and took us through the gym's set-up and expectations.  He had us do the warm-up (300m run and stretching) then had us do the intro Workout of the Day (WOD) for time.  The WOD for us was a 450m run (on top of the 300m run we already did), then squats, kettlebell lifts, and box jumps in 3 rounds for 15 reps, then 12 reps, and finally 8 reps.  Doesn't sound like that much right?

WRONG.

It was seriously intense (like camping...hahaha I'm soooo punny!) to the point where I had to modify the box jumps to box steps and I had to walk part of the 450m run, and at one point I was trying to figure out which was closer if I needed to throw up: the trashcan or the parking lot, but I did it.  I did the whole thing.  And I finished in 11:25.  I honestly questioned if I could do it at one point, and I cried when it was all over, but I did the whole WOD, and I'm incredibly proud of myself!  I know I'm going to feel this tomorrow, but the pain is going to be completely worth it.

Before I went to CrossFit, I put a couple of chicken breasts in the crockpot with my tasty tomato sauce and some green olives and turned it on high (for about 3 hours) so when we came home, completely exhausted and starving for protein to fuel our workout, dinner was ready to go.

Add some fresh cut veggies and some ice cold water, and it was a perfect post-CrossFit dinner.

What am I doing to celebrate my CrossFit Day 1 victory?  Going to CrossFit Day 2 on Wednesday :)  Obsessed?  Probably.

xoxo, M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...